New York South Trio
TRISH ANDERSON – RICK ROURKE – GARY CARPINO
New York South Duo
RICK ROURKE – GARY CARPINO
Trish Anderson (vocals), Rick Rourke (guitar, harmonica, sax and vocals) and Gary Carpino (bass and vocals) are three incredible life-long musicians from upstate New York. Gary has spent winters in Ft. Myers for many years, and last winter Trish and Rick bought property near Gary, and they will be spending several months a year in the Fort Myers area. They are dedicated musicians who love to perform for people. Their musicianship and lead vocals and harmonies make them an ideal entertainment choice for any situation..
Music ensemble combinations are available in various duos, trio, and up to six people for full band events..
As lead singer of the six member Bluz House Rockers, her performance highlights include:
* fourth year performing on Delbert McClinton’s Sandy Beaches Cruise to the Caribbean
* induction into the New York State Blues Hall of Fame
* four performances at the 15,000 seat Times Union Center in Albany, NY, including a New Year’s Eve “Millennium Spectacular” starring Roberta Flack, Vonda Sheppard
(from tv show Ally McBeal) and Trish Anderson
* opening for many national acts including Delbert McClinton, Eddie Money, Marshall Tucker, Little Feat, Joan Jett and Sixties Spectaculars at performing arts centers.
* opening for Pat Benatar to an audience of more than 30,000
* many galas: three years in a row at the Baseball Hall of Fame Founder’s Party on Induction weekend in Cooperstown, Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Jacob’s Pillow,
public television station WMHT and the Wood Theatre
* many casinos, fairs and benefits, including American Heart Association, Ronald McDonald House and Food Bank of Northeastern New York
* writing “Three Dollar Bill” in 2002 which went to #2 on the pop charts in Denmark
Rick Rourke is an extremely talented, dedicated musician. His commitment to music began as a teenager, and music is his life and passion. Rick is not only an outstanding vocalist but also plays guitar, harmonica and sax with the best of them.
A few of his credits include:
* lead singer and song writer for the Out of Control Rhythm and Blues Band, upstate New York’s #1 band for more than a decade. Their album of original tunes, “Shake the Nation,” was produced by Eddie Kramer (producer for Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and Led Zeppelin)
* inducted into the New York State Blues Hall of Fame
* as a singer-songwriter, Rick’s songs have gained some notoriety, including “Ever Since the Day” (proclaimed “a classic” by Eddie Kramer), “Good Food” (played twice on the Today Show) and “Three Sides of Every Story” (4 out of 5 stars from Alex Henderson, contributor to Billboard, Creem, Spin, Jazz Times and Cash Box)
* as a member of Bluz House Rockers for almost the past twenty years, Rick has performed for the past four years on the Delbert Cruise and shared in many of Trish’s accomplishments.
Gary Carpino, bass player and vocalist, spend many years performing in the Woodstock area, including sessions with legendary performers,”The Band.” He also was a regular on the Jersey Shore circuit, backing up Chubby Checker, Bo Diddley and many of the great sixties national acts. He and Rick have also worked with actor Jim Belushi in Florida.
"Absolutely fantastic, we all had a great time listening to NYS Trio."Jordan Rudess